- You can download the videos off your camera using Photo Gallery. When you find a video you want to edit go to the Create tab and hit movie. That will import the video into Windows Movie Maker.
- Or you can download the videos directly to the computer and open Windows Movie Maker. Hit add Photos/videos button. Find your videos and load them into the program. Once you have a video loaded open up the project button and make sure you are in widescreen. Select Save Project As and name the the project and save.
- I won't go into all the details here but basic editing techniques can be found on this pdf about Windows Movie Maker. I suggest you print it out and keep a copy to consult. Trim the videos to appropriate lengths and add captions that give the viewer additional information.
- Log into your YouTube account and hit the upload button. Select your video(s) and upload them.
- For each video name it, tag it appropriately and identify it with the mapping function in YouTube.
- In order to embed a video into another website or blog: Click the Share button located under the video. Click the Embed button. Copy the code provided in the expanded box.
When you click on the embed code the space below it will expand and reveal
customization options such as:
window. Your video should appear.
Here is an article that gives some basic pointers on how to shoot video with a small digital camera. Here is a link to a fun video featuring innovative ways to use a GorillaPod.
This last link is an example of how this assignment was completed in a past class: Airling Paradox: Ride With Us